Let’s just clarify what a blog actually is.
A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
A blog’s content can be informative, filled with light humour or just general feedback which is relevant to the individual, company or product.
Here are 5 reasons why your company should be regularly writing blog posts:
- Your blog fuels SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). In a nutshell, SEO focuses on being found organically (un-paid) in search engines. The more you post with relevant keywords, the more likely you will appear on Googles first page.
- Drive traffic to your website. Your blog gives you the opportunity to create relevant content for your customers. Use this as a marketing tactic to drive traffic back to your website.
- Increase customer relationship. By publishing informative posts this humanises your company by creating a sense of trust. By providing interesting and knowledgeable blog posts you’re providing the customer with a free service, one which is tailored to the customer’s interests.
- Helps you keep on top of trends. This is particularly important within the retail sector where new lines and technology is always updating. You have to stay on top of news, trends and competitors to be a successful blogger. It helps you be a leader, not a follower.
- Blogs are cost-effective marketing investments. Every post you publish is a long-term asset that helps build brand awareness and promote your expertise, products and services. Unless you decide to go the extra mile and pay for another domain for your blog, then try starting out with WordPress or Blogger which offer a free package.
If that doesn’t convince you have a look through some of these statistics:
- Marketers who prioritise blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI (Return of Investment) on their efforts. (Source)
- 94% who share posts do so because they think it might be helpful to others. (Source)
- Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate information. (Source)
- B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not. (Source)
Overall, Blogging is a cost effective, inbound marketing tactic which encourages customer trust, increases brand awareness and fuels SEO. If you’re serious about starting a blog, be sure to post at least twice a week. Think outside the box a bit, create fun, visual posts which inform and entertain. You’ll soon start seeing a slow but steady increase of clicks and conversions.
Want to know more on how you can utilise social media as a seller tool? Follow me here for daily updates: https://twitter.com/lauriewooduk